Saturday, July 12, 2008

Junior Museum Time

Today we took Ava and Norah to the Junior Museum in Palo Alto. There were fun things for them to explore - magnets, how green energy works, machines powered by tennis balls and a tunnel among other things. The best part of course were the animals. The zoo was small, but there were reptiles, sharks, fish, ferrets, raccoon, bats, and all kinds of fowl to behold. We got a surprise when the peacock decided to fan out his beautiful plumage. I had never seen a peacock do that in real life, so that was a fun experience. (He then tried to intimidate the rabbit that shared his pen, but the bunny looked as if he had seen the peacock do that one too many times). Of course I forgot my camera!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Yay! You're blogging now! I love the picture of your girls in the cupboard, haha!

heather said...

yay too!! blogging is fun :)

Starley Family said...

Ooh I am impressed the peacock spread its feathers. I think that's pretty rare...

Glad you're blogging. Can I link your site?