Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Love that song and a Surprise

Tonight while I was feeding and rocking Keira right before I put her down for the evening, I decided to sing to her. I admit, I don't sing with my kids very often (usually because I think I am tone deaf, LOL!). But I thought a little song would be nice for her right before bed. I sang the Primary song "I Am a Child of God," and immediately her face lit up! She gave me the biggest smile, and cooed the whole time I sang. It just melted my heart.

She must either not mind my singing, or she must really like that song!


Ava also had a good evening - we found a special treat on our front porch. It was a giant chocolate chocolate-chip cookie, with a card addressed just to her. It was from her Sunbeam teachers, saying that they were glad she was in her class. She was very excited about the surprise treat, so here's a thank-you shout out to her teachers!

1 comment:

Camilla said...

Aw that's so sweet!!!!! Warm fuzzies all around!
"I am a Child of God" before bedtime is a staple in our house. It's Jonathan's bedtime song every night. I love it. I especially love the sentence "I am a Child of God, and so my needs are great....etc etc.." It reminds me of the awesome responsibility I have towards him, and the privilege we have to be raising a Child of God...
It also helped remind me of that during the hard times when I'd rather be sleeping, in his newborn and fussy days.