Tuesday, October 9, 2012

in His loving care

As a lifelong member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I've always been taught that Heavenly Father knows us individually and watches over us.  I believed it, but today my testimony of that particular point of doctrine has been strengthened, and I can most assuredly proclaim that He does.

I had a particularly difficult morning, a culmination of a tiresome two weeks fraught with sick children, a horrible economy, and just trying to maintain.  It was just one of those mornings where you feel like you are doing everything correctly, but life just sucks.
 
I had vented to my mother about all my concerns.  It felt good to talk, but I was frustrated that certain things were out of my hands.  And I am someone who very much likes to be in control, and have a plan.

Then Mason called me later this afternoon with the news that I had been hoping to hear for the past few years.  I nearly dropped the phone.  I felt such relief that words really can't describe it.  It was like a fresh start, a welcomed friend, a true blessing from heaven.  In that moment, I knew that I had a loving Heavenly Father watching over me.  I know we aren't given anything that we can't bear, but lately I have felt at my breaking point.  It's been all I can do to hold it together and just do the basics - going to church, reading my scriptures, having personal prayer and trying to be a good example to my children.

I am so thankful for the knowledge of the gospel.  And for the fact that trials only seek to strengthen our faith, and solidify points of doctrine that we hope are true, to knowing beyond a doubt that they are.

No comments: