Thursday, July 17, 2008

Jewelry Box

Today my parents dropped off the last few boxes of my childhood things from their garage. I was weeding through them when Ava came over to see. She pulled out my old jewelry box - the kind that played a song while a ballerina on the inside twirled in a circle. She hugged it and wanted to take it to her room. After a few minutes, I went to see what Ava was up to, and she had placed the jewelry box on her table and was watching the ballerina dance. I asked her if she liked the ballerina, and she told me that is wasn't a ballerina, but a princess! I then told her that the box was mine when I was her age. She then pointed to the figure and said, "That's you Mommy. You're a ballerina!" I just wanted to melt. :)

4 comments:

heather said...

cute :)

Lisa Lewis said...

I totally remember that music box . . . I was jealous! I'm glad Ava can enjoy it all these years later!

Amy said...

oh my gosh, that is the sweetest thing. Maybe ballerinas will replace fire trucks in Ava's heart?

Starley Family said...

That's really cute Ashley. I love that you had a ballerina music box. I always wanted one but it never would have survived for Katelyn due to my three rambuxious older brothers.