Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Introducing Serena Christine

Our newest member of our family, Serena Christine, was born on Thursday, l April 14, 2011 at 2:26 am. She weighed in at 8 lbs 7 oz and 19.5 inches long. And she has dark hair, and lots of it!

I went in to see my doctor on the 12th, which was my due date. I had been dilated to 5 cm for nearly a week, and my OB was quite surprised I hadn't gone into active labor yet. So at my request (because I was done being preggo!), she put me on the induction list at the hospital for that evening.

Well, the hospital was extremely busy with other women having babies, so they didn't call me in until the following night at 9:00 pm! It was around 11:00 pm by the time I was hooked up to the Pitocin. A few hours after that, my water broke on it's own, and around an hour later Baby Serena was here! Again, I didn't have an epidural. I just prefer not being hooked up to tons of IVs. Plus, I feel like the recovery is faster (and I really don't like having a catheter).

We just love having Serena in our family. Our other girls love her too - they like watching her sleep and putting stuffed animals into her bassinet.

Onto the pictures!


2 comments:

Delyna said...

I can't get over how much hair she has! Congrats!

Camilla said...

She is so cute!!!!