Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fun for Labor Day

Over Labor Day weekend my brother and his daughter Isabelle came for a visit. Ava was so excited to see her. They were fast friends, with Ava calling Isabelle her best friend by the time they left. It was so cute to see them play together.

We had loads of fun with them - our big adventure was touring the Jelly Belly Factory in Fairfield. We saw all the different machines that it takes to make those tiny treats. Everyone who takes the tour has to wear one of those old-fashion wedge hats - I was amazed that my parents kept theirs on, LOL!

After the tour we went into the sweet shop to load up on our favorite Jelly Bellies. I love the watermelon flavor - right now Ava and Norah just love any of them. There was a tasting bar which featured new flavors, old favorites, and the reject pile. The reject pile includes vomit, booger, and dog food flavored beans. My brother actually tried one of those! I didn't have the courage to try one - just looking at them was somewhat revolting. I tried the chocolate mint ice cream flavor. It was good, but I'd rather have the ice cream.

Since Mason's birthday fell on Labor Day this year, we had a fun date night out sans kids. My parents kindly had our crew plus Isabelle for the night. It's amazing how peaceful dinner can be without the background noise!

1 comment:

becca said...

mmm now I want some jelly bellies! Is your bro still in Utah? How old is his daughter now?